Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Spice Up Your Life

I am sure that everyone has heard of the Spice Girls at one point in their life. If I am mistaken, the Spice Girls are a music group consisting of five girls, Ginger, Baby, Sporty, Posh and Scary. Their real names are Geri, Emma, Mel C., Victoria and Mel B. They came out with their first CD in 1996. They had two very successful albums and one movie called Spice World. Then Geri, also known as Ginger Spice, left the group. I was very upset because she was always my favorite. The remaining four girls came out with another album. The album was good but not as good as the other two. Then all of the girls went their separate ways. Mel B., or Scary Spice, was featured on “Dancing with the Stars.” Mel C., or Sporty Spice, had a very successful single entitled “I Turn to you.” Posh Spice is probably the most famous of them all. Her real name is Victoria Adams, well now it is Victoria Beckham. She is married to the famous soccer player David Beckham. Emma, or Baby Spice, released three solo albums that did very well in the United Kingdom. They all had children and some are married. I always listened to their music even thought they have not been around in a while.
Then finally the Spice Girls were scheduled to embark on a reunion tour. As soon as I heard this, I bought tickets. The concert was Monday night. It was amazing. I knew it would be good because it is the Spice Girls. But they had children and are older now so I did not think it would be as good as it was when they were younger. I was wrong. They played a great show. They sounded great and danced wonderfully. I never went to a concert for them when I was younger so I was extra excited. The tour was sold out. I have never heard so many girls screaming and singing along. I could not even hear the Spice Girls talking in between songs because it was so loud. They played everyone’s favorite songs and each of them did their own song. They put on such an amazing show. I had the best time. I want to go again so badly.

No comments: